The state of Florida needs to keep public notices public.
“Public participation in government business is the bedrock of American local government and should be protected, permitted, and not discouraged…”
In a society where it is often considered politically incorrect to talk about matters of faith, the Suwannee Democrat, Jasper News and Mayo Free Press are asking their readers to share their faith with the entire community.
This week, newspapers across the nation recognize National Newspaper Week and the theme — Journalism Matters Now More Than Ever — points to the importance of accurate reporting, watchdog journalism, strong editorials, comprehensive public notices and a free, open public forum that can be eas…
This Week's Circulars
Ms. Jewell B. Smith, 90, passed away at her residence on Tuesday, January 28, 2020, in Live Oak, FL following an extended illness she was the widow of the late Leroy Smith, Jr. and the daughter of the late Orb and Leona Chaplin Spivey. She is preceded in death by two brothers Jack Spivey and…
Jimmy Randall Robinson, age 72, of Live Oak, FL, passed away January 30, 2020. Please sign the guestbook at http://www.harrisfuneralhomeinc.net. Harris Funeral Home & Cremations, Inc. is in charge of all arrangements.
Elizabeth Ann "Betsy" Bergman, 77, of Live Oak, went home to the Lord on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at North Florida Regional Medical Center in Gainesville. She was born on May 29, 1942, to Elizabeth and Joseph Bergman in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She attended Mount Mercy College in Pittsbur…
- Man arrested for sexual assault on minor
- Suwannee County Board OKs catalyst site rail crossing
- 4-year-old killed in I-75 crash
- HCSO searching for missing teen
- Jennings clerk, deputy clerk quit
- McKenzie: Why come to White Springs?
- Roberson announces candidacy for property appraiser
- SVEC’s Operation Round Up contributes more than $96K in first year
- Lafayette FFA earns state runner-up in Tool Identification
- UPDATE: Other suspects identified in online child sex crimes sting