Live Oak —
A house fire broke out at approximately 10:30 a.m. at 523 Scriven Ave. in Live Oak Wednesday. The Live Oak Fire Department, Suwannee County Fire/Rescue and Live Oak Police Department were deployed to the scene.
Residents were able to flee the burning home, escaping any serious injury. Two adults were being checked out by Suwannee County Fire/Rescue for excessive smoke inhalation.
According to resident Patricia Ivers, she and other residents were sleeping except her mother, Tina Stoddard and step-father, Adam Williamson. She said she woke up and smelled smoke.
“The bathroom caught on fire,” said Ivers. “It was electrical. The electrical from the wall caught a heater on fire. It went really fast.”
Stoddard said she smelled a burning rubber odor and headed toward the bathroom of the house.
“I tried to unplug the heater,” said Stoddard. “I could feel the heat of it (fire) and all of sudden there was a big popping sound and I felt something hit the side of my face.”