Live Oak —
The Live Oak Community Redevelopment Agency voted in a meeting this morning to relieve CRA Director Shannon Ventry of her duties. The meeting began at 9:30 at City Hall in Live Oak.
The vote was 4-3.
The board wanted a full-time director and had been in talks with Ventry, who was only part-time. However, Ventry was unwilling to accept a salary of $30,000 plus benefits for 40 hours a week in what she called would have been a 25 percent pay cut to work more hours.
Ventry was the first CRA director for the city of Live Oak.
The CRA area relates to a designated district within the city of Live Oak which was first established in 1995. Any property within the district is thereby in the official area and may benefit from CRA development opportunities. The agency board of directors is comprised of seven members: The five city council members and two appointed members from within the CRA, are as follows:
- Councilman District 1 – John W. Yulee
- Councilman District 2 – Bennie L. Thomas
- Councilman District 3 – Jacob Grantham
- Councilman District 4 – Adam Prins
- Councilman District 5 – Keith Mixon
- Appointed Member - Barney Everett
- Appointed Member - Tim Alcorn