Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR DECEMBER 17, 2013, 6:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
· The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
· Affirmative action on any item includes authorization of Chairman’s, or designee’s, signature on all documentation.
· Speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak on items listed within this agenda following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium. Comments must be limited to items listed on the agenda and speakers may only make one (1) trip to the podium regarding each item they wish to speak on.
· For general updates or questions regarding County business contact County Administration during regular business hours at (386) 364-3400.
1. Approve payment of processed invoices.
2. Approval of implementation of new Statewide Minimum Wage (from $7.79 per hour to $7.93 per hour), effective January 1, 2014, and adoption of changes to payscale.
3. Approval of Change Order with A.C. Shultz amending Scope of Services to agreement for well drilling for Catalyst Site (no budget impact).
4. Approval of Task Order with North Florida Professional Services, Inc. for construction and inspection services for 169th Road and Access Road for Catalyst Site.
5. Approval to earmark $25,000.00 for Douglass Center from return funds from Sheriff.
6. Authorization for staff to assemble a Community Traffic Safety Team (consisting of representatives from local law enforcement, City of Live Oak, Town of Branford, Suwannee County School Board, Public Works and Emergency Services) in accordance with DOT guidelines for the purpose of enhancing funding application for the construction of sidewalks and transportation safety features.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS ITEMS:
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
7. At 6:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to consider adoption of resolution approving Special Permit No. SP-13-12-01 by Roger Simpson for Smartlink, authorized agent for property owners Big Bend Farms, LLC, to be granted a special permit under Section 14.11 of the Suwannee County Land Development Regulations for an essential service (250 feet self-support communications tower and associated equipment) on the property zoned Agriculture-1 (A-1). (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
8. The Chairman calls for additional items. (Any items the Board agrees to consider will be heard under Agenda Item No. 11, Additional Agenda Items.)
9. Approve minutes of meeting held on November 19, 2013 and on December 3, 2013.
10. Discuss, with possible Board action, the response from the Department of Economic Opportunity Division of Community Development regarding Land Development Regulations. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
11. Additional Agenda Items.
12. Public Concerns and Comments. (Filling out of Comment Card required, and forward to Chairman or County Administrator. Speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium – one (1) trip to podium.)
13. Board Members Inquiries, Requests and Comments.