At a special called meeting of the White Springs Town Council on Friday, April 4, council members were given score sheets and instructions for scoring the 25 applicants who applied for the position of town manager. Current Town Manager Bob Farley is retiring June 1.
The 25 applicants for town manager and their current residences are:
- Aaron Mathews, Bristol, Fla.
- Anita Stalvey, Lake City, Fla.
- Carlos Hernandez, Hawthorne, Fla.
- Dennis Murphy, Punta Gorda, Fla.
- Geraldo Ortiz, Lake City, Fla.
- Herschel Kelly, Tallahassee, Fla.
- James Davis, Naples, Fla.
- Jennifer Vigil, Panama City, Fla.
- Joe Griffin, White Springs, Fla.
- Judith Jankosky, Lady Lake, Fla.
- Justyn Miller, Dekalb, Ill.
- Larry Strickland, Marietta, Ga.
- Lee Chastain, Marietta, Ga.
- Philip Paul, Marietta, Ga.
- Raphael Brown, Baltimore, Md.
- Richard Hoon, Umatilla, Fla.
- Robert Touchton, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Ron Natale, Glendale, Ariz.
- Sue Beaudet, Tampa, Fla.
- Thomas Gavin, Titusville, Fla.
- Timothy Day, Cape Coral, Fla.
- Vickie Bosse, Madison, Fla.
- William Lawrence, Lincoln, ME
- Spencer C. Lofton Sr., White Springs, Fla.
- Vince Akhimie, Lakeland, Fla.
Minimum qualifications specified for the position, which pays $32,500-$55,000 depending on qualifications, are a bachelors degree in business or public administration, masters degree preferred, and five years experience in public administration; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Council members will score each applicant on 14 different criteria and then give their completed score sheets to Farley by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 11.
“I will then compute the summary over the weekend,” said Farley. “My suggestion to council is that on April 15, at the town council meeting, I will give you the top five scored candidates based on your scoring.”
The top five candidates will be notified by Farley on Wednesday, April 16, and will be advised when they need to come to town hall for a personal interview.