Live Oak —
Thursday Sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 56. Calm wind.
Fore more weather visit: http://weather.cnhionline.com/fw.php?usr=suwanneedemocrat
US 90 Daytime lane closures between Goldkist Boulevard near the Farmer’s Co-op and Walker Avenue Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to clean the ditches.
State Road 51 Daytime lane closures between the Lafayette County line and the southern Live Oak city limits Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to take roadway samples.
US 90 The road will be closed between US 129 and Houston Avenue Friday, October 12 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. for the Suwannee High School homecoming parade. Live Oak Police and Suwannee County Sheriff’s officers will detour traffic.
US 129 (South Ohio Avenue) The road will be closed between Suwannee Elementary School and US 90 Friday, October 12 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. for the Suwannee High School homecoming parade. Live Oak Police and Suwannee County Sheriff’s officers will detour traffic.
Interstate 75 Nighttime lane closures at the Suwannee River bridges between US 129 (Exit 451) and the Suwannee County line (Suwannee River bridges) Tuesday from 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. to reseal the bridge joints. Nighttime lane closures in both directions at the Weigh-in-Motion Stations Sunday from 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. to install traffic control devices in the asphalt The speed limit is reduced to 60 mph during lane closures.
US 129 Daytime lane closures at the Interstate 75 interchange Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. to place the final layer of asphalt. Also, daytime lane closures between the western city limits of Jasper and the Georgia line after 8:30 a.m. for work on the shoulders in preparation for resurfacing.
US 129 The road will be closed between the Bank of America and Northwest 15th Avenue Saturday, October 6 from 12:30 to 3 p.m. for the First Saturday Market Day, Antique Tractor Show and Parade. Jasper Police will detour traffic.
County Road 354 Possible daytime lane closures between US 27 and State Road 51 (Hal Adams Bridge) for construction of a new bike trail on the north and east side of the road.
State Road 51 Possible daytime lane closures between County Road 354 and the Hal Adams Bridge for construction of a new bike trail on the east side of the road.
US 27 (Main Street) The road will be closed Friday, October 12 between County Road 251A and Hawkins Avenue from 1:15 to 2:15 p.m. for the Lafayette High School homecoming parade. Lafayette County Sheriff’s officers will detour traffic.
Interstate 75 Daytime lane closures in both directions at the Alachua County line (Santa Fe River bridge) Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for routine bridge maintenance.
South Main Boulevard (US 41) Possible daytime lane closures southbound near Southwest Crescent Street for construction of a new Family Dollar Store.
State Road 47 Possible daytime lane closures for northbound traffic at the new Clay Electric site south of Lake City and trucks entering and leaving daily.
Best bets for today:
* The Suwannee County Friends of the Library is hosting the Great Book Sale. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Oct. 11-13. The sale will be held during the regular library hours, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The sale is being held at the Suwannee County Regional Library, 1848 Ohio Ave. South in Live Oak.
* Boy Scout Troop 408 Meets on Thursdays from 7-8:30 at the American Legion Post 107, 10726 142nd St., Live Oak. This is approx. 5.5 miles south of town and 1.5 miles east of Hwy. 129. Membership is open to boys ages 11-17. Join us for camping, hiking, canoeing, and many other outdoor activities.
* Timberlake Property Owner’s Association Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012 the Timberlake Property Owner’s Association will hold their monthly board meeting at 6:00PM at the Jennings Grand Prix at 4960 NW CR 152 Jennings, Fla.
* Free English classes Sept. 10 - Dec. 13, 2012 There are four levels of classes from the most basic to the most advanced. You will learn pronunciation, conversation, reading and writing in English. All are welcome. The hours: Monday and Thursday 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. We are located in the Episcopal Church, St. Luke’s, in front of the Suwannee Coliseum, 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. For more information call the teacher, Phyllis, at 386-249-0096.
Clases de Ingles
Sept. 10 - Dic. 13, 2012 Gratis Hay cuatro niveles de clases de los mas basicos hasta los mas advansados. Aprenden la pronunciación, conversación, lectura y escribir en Ingles. Todos tienen la bienvenida. El horario: Lunes y Jueves, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Estamos en frente del coliseo. 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. Para mas información llame a la maestra Felicia 386-249-0096.
* TOPS Fl #0662. We would like to invite everyone that has a little or a lot of weight to loose, to come visit us. TOPS is a weight loss support group. We strive to help each other through out our meetings. We have different programs such as stress eating, the buffet, portion control, exercise, medications that can cause weight gain, and more. Take Off Pounds Sensibly is an organization that supports you while striving to meet your goal wight, as well as after meeting your goal, and you are working to maintaining our goal. TOPS 0662 meets on Thursday mornings at the First Advent Christian Church. 699 Pinewood Dr. Live oak, Fl. We start our weight in at 8 a.m. - 8:50 a.m. The meeting starts at 9 a.m.-10 a.m. your first visit is free, so come and let us support you in your challenge to Take Off Pounds Sensibly. For more information contact Elaine at 386-364-5537.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 8 p.m. The meetings are at Nobles Ferry Road next to Meridian Behavioral Health Center. For more information, please call 386-362-4221 or 386-688-3133.
* Baptist Men's Meeting at Wellborn Baptist Church. The 2nd Thursday night of every month beginning at 6:30 p.m. the men of Wellborn Baptist Church and their friends join together to eat and worship together with a special speaker and music. You are invited to come and bring a dessert. The church is located on Highway 90 West between Live Oak and Lake City at the intersection with Lowe Lake Road in Wellborn, Fla. Call 386-963-2231 with any questions or visit our website at www.wellbornbaptist.com.
* Boy Scout Troop 693 Meets at the Church of the Nazarene, 515 Church Street, S.W., Live Oak, on Thursday nights throughout the year, 6:30 - 8:00 p. m. Membership is open to boys who have finished the fifth grade and are at least 10, or who are 11-17. They age-out at 18. Parents are always welcome to participate as leaders, on the troop committee or to work as a merit badge counselor. Monthly campouts, winter camp and summer camp are but a few of its activities. For additional information, please contact Scoutmaster Charles Stephens, 364-3766, email@example.com.
* Wellborn Community Association (WCA) Meets second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m., at the Wellborn Community Center, 1340 - 8th Avenue, Wellborn. For info contact Wendell Snowden, 386-963-1157, follow us on Facebook, or see www.wellborncommunityassociation.com. A Blueberry Pancake Breakfast is held the first Saturday of each month serving blueberry pancakes, sausage, orange juice and coffee.