Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR March 4, 2014, 6:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
· The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
· Affirmative action on any item includes authorization of Chairman’s, or designee’s, signature on all documentation.
· Speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak on items listed within this agenda following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium. Comments must be limited to items listed on the agenda and speakers may only make one (1) trip to the podium regarding each item they wish to speak on.
· For general updates or questions regarding County business contact the County Administrator during regular business hours (386) 364-3400.
1. Approve payment of processed invoices.
2. Approval of Contract Renewal with Johnson Controls, in the lump sum amount of $10,898.00, for maintenance of chillers located at the Suwannee County Jail.
3. Approval of Task Order with North Florida Professional Services for the engineering services of CR 252 widening and resurfacing. Funded by FDOT.
4. Consider Change Order # 1 with Anderson Columbia for widening and reconstruction of 169th Road and construction of access road to Klausner Site. Funded by FDOT.
5. Award bid for Water Treatment Plant to Music Construction in the amount of $2,138,690.00. (Bid Solicitation No. 2014-04) (Bids were opened on February 25, 2014.) Funded by Community Development Block Grant.
6. Authorization for Chairman to sign letter to FDOT requesting a traffic light on US 90 at CR 137 in Wellborn.
7. Request permission to apply for a grant through the E911 Rural County Grant Program in the amount of $59,637.06 for the Yearly Maintenance of the 911 System, 911 System Manufacturer Support, Database Support, GIS Mapping Display Support, GIS Map Generation Support and Logging Recorder Support.
8. Annual renewal of agreement with Nabors, Giblin and Nickerson.
9. Approve issuance of credit card for Maintenance Department.
10. Ratification of contract with Art Walker Construction regarding 98th Terrace Bridge.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS ITEMS:
PROCLAMATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
11. Presentation of new brochure of the Downtown Heritage Trail. (Danny Hales, Suwannee County Historical Commission, Secretary)
12. Recognition of Leeta Bronson, Finance Director for years of service. (Barry Baker, Clerk of Court)
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
13. At 6:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to consider adoption of a resolution closing a portion of 162nd Street.. (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
14. The Chairman calls for additional items. (Any items the Board agrees to consider will be heard under Agenda Item No. 19, Additional Agenda Items.)
15. Approve minutes of meeting held on February 18, 2014.
16. Discussion with County Commissioners regarding Transport. (John Glover, Century Ambulance Service)
17. Discuss, with possible Board action, Economic Development Director position. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
18. Discuss, with possible Board Action, zoning classification for Catalyst Site.
19. Additional Agenda Items.
20. Public Concerns and Comments. (Filling out of Comment Card required, and forward to Chairman or County Administrator. Speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium – one (1) trip to podium.)
21. Board Members Inquiries, Requests and Comments.