Live Oak —
A local family lost their home to a fire early Thursday morning that is believed to have been caused by the heating strip in the AC unit catching fire, according to Public Safety Director James Sommers.
According to SCFR, the resident of the home, located inside Wayne Frier's Mobile Home Park off US 90 West, had acknowledged smoke coming from the AC vents, but left the home unattended. While away, a fire ignited from what is believed to be the heating strips in the AC unit. A sudden burst then impacted the home. When Suwannee County Fire Rescue arrived on the scene at approximately 7:05 a.m. to find the home fully involved.
No injuries were reported.