Live Oak —
2) Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
3) Approval of the March 12th Regular Council meeting
4) Mayor Garth R. Nobles, Jr. – Matters of the City
1. Presentation of Proclamation declaring April 1-7, 2013 as National Public Health Week.
2. Presentation of Proclamation declaring the month of April, 2013 as Child Abuse Awareness Month.
3. Presentation of Proclamation declaring the month of April, 2013 as Water conservation Month.
5) City Clerk - John Gill
1) Presentation and recommendation from the City of Live Oak Redistricting Committee with possible Council action.
6) Public Works Director - Brent Whitman
1) Discussion with possible Council action regarding the DOT traffic light maintenance contract
2) Discussion with possible Council action regarding the DOC contract for a correctional officer and crew
3) Discussion with possible Council action for the procurement of a transport van from Suwannee Valley Transit Authority for the new DOC crew
4) Discussion with possible Council action regarding the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), Department of Emergency Management (DEM), Eutaw, and Army Corp of Engineers stormwater contracts
5) Status update on the Helvenston Street sidewalk project
6) Discussion regarding traffic light at Pine Ave. & Howard Street
7) Development Manager-George Curtis
1) First reading of Ordinance No. 1334 regarding LDR 13-3, amending, revising, reorganizing, renumbering, and replacing in their entirety text of the following articles of the Live Oak Land Development Regulations: Article four: Zoning Regulations – supplemental pt. II – sign regulations from section 4.19.20 through 18.104.22.168
2) Council update pertaining to information obtained from the Florida Department of Transportation regarding adopted Lake City language, sidewalk displays on DOT rights-of way and status of both a Code of Ordinances amendment as well as an LDR amendment to make provisions for displays on private property in the downtown, as well as non-DOT sidewalks.
3) Discussion with possible Council action pertaining to proceeding with an amendment to the LDR regarding various languages, including amended provisions for car wash business uses.
4) Discussion with possible Council action pertaining to the creation of a temporary position for an Urban Planning graduate student summer intern to assist with the Planning Department duties and responsibilities from mid-May through August.
8) Director of Finance – Jan Parkhurst
1) Discussion with possible Council action on Resolution 13-01, a resolution reducing the sewer repair reserve utility fund for the payment of debt service
2) Discussion with possible Council action on Resolution 13-02, a resolution reducing the utility reserve in the utility reserve fund for the payment of debt service
9) Councilman Jacob Grantham – Fire Department Matters
1) First Reading of Ordinance No. 1336 an ordinance amending chapter 34 of the Code of Ordinance relating to noise and establishing a penalty for violation
2) Discussion with possible Council action regarding staff contacting Suwannee Correctional Institute (SCI) to request additional DOC labor for the City as needed.
10) Councilman Keith Mixon– Matters of the Law Enforcement Committee
1) No items
11) Councilman Bennie Thomas – Matters of the Gas, Water and Sewer Committee
1) Discussion with possible Council action regarding water line improvement project in Dist. 1 and Dist. 2.
12) Councilman John Yulee – Matters of Street Department
1) Discussion with possible council action regarding Interim City Administrator
13) Councilman Adam Prins – Matters pertaining to Administrative and Finance Committee
1) Recommendation, with possible Council action, from Administrative & Finance Committee meeting
2) Second Reading of Ordinance No. 1333 regarding the outdoor feeding of animals
3) First Reading of Ordinance No. 1334.regarding the hours of sale and consumption of alcohol
4) Discussion regarding City Administrator selection
14) Public Comments
Live Oak —
- Local News
- HamCo EMS hires new ass’t director
- Mayo Christmas parade postponed
- The stakes are set for new fire department in White Springs
- Suwannee Democrat Obituaries- Dec. 13, 2013
- Jewett St. back to normal in White Springs
- HamCo school district recognized by SACS
- Suwannee Democrat
- Santa photos, Christmas on the Square, others, now online!
- Morning Update for Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013
- Family firearm safety event with Congressman Ted Yoho is Saturday
- Suwannee County Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 17, 2013
- Resource fair is Dec 20 at PCS Conference Center-Event to serve recently laid off PotashCorp workers
- November was wetter than normal in Suwannee River Valley, according to water management
- Jasper News
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video