Live Oak —
A Suwannee County home was consumed by fire Monday afternoon. No injuries were reported, according to Tim White, fire marshal for Suwannee County Fire Rescue.
SCFR responded to a one-story brick home on fire on 122nd Street after it was called in by neighbors at 4:25 p.m. Monday. The owners were at work at the time of the fire. When fire units arrived they found the home with flames showing in the garage and roof. Crews fought the fire in an offensive mode bringing the fire under control while battling wind out of the northwest.
White said the cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction in an outlet in the garage.
The garage, kitchen and living room were a total loss, according to White. Crews were able to save the bedrooms allowing the owners to salvage some of their possessions.
SCFR Stations 1, 2, 5 and Volunteer Stations 51 and 43 responded to the fire.
The estimated damage to the home was valued at $190,000.