Live Oak —
A motorhome was destroyed by fire late Tuesday afternoon shortly after the owner discovered flames were coming from the engine compartment, according to Suwannee County Fire Chief James Sommers.
According to a SCFR report by Sommers, on Tuesday at approximately 2:06 p.m., units from Stations 3, 5 and volunteer Station 43 were dispatched to a motorhome fire on 230th Street. Units arrived at 2:18 p.m. to find the motorhome fully involved in the residence yard.
The owner allegedly had returned from town in the motorhome earlier and was inside when he noticed smoke inside. The owner quickly determined it was coming from the engine compartment where he saw flames. The fire spread very quickly due to the propane gas.
The cause of the fire was determined accidental due to an unspecified electrical or mechanical malfunction in the engine compartment.
The motorhome was a total loss.