Live Oak —
Suwannee County Tax Collector Sharon Jordan is pleased to announce a partnership with the Florida Department of Health in Suwannee County and the Bureau of Vital Statistics that will allow Florida-born citizens over the age of 18 to obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate at the Tax Collector’s Office. The office is located at 215 Pine Ave., SW, in Live Oak. This partnership adds another level of convenience for our customers who need a certified copy of their birth certificate to obtain their Real ID compliant Driver’s License or ID card. Individuals over 18 years of age who were born in Florida and have any one of the valid identification listed below will be able to purchase a certified copy of their birth certificate for $21.25 per person for the first copy and $15 for each additional copy.
In addition, any individual wishing to purchase a Florida Birth Certificate even if they are not applying for a driver license or ID card, may also apply.
Primary forms of identification:
- Motor vehicle operator license;
- State ID card, issued by Department of Motor Vehicles;
- Military ID;
- Military Dependent ID, active or retired;
- Learner’s/instruction Driver’s Permit, if over 18 years of age;
- Resident Alien Card, Form I-551;
- Certificate of Naturalization;
- Inmate ID card issued on or after January 1, 1991, by Florida Department of Corrections;
- Inmate ID issued by US Department of Justice;
- If just released from penal institution, client should have a letter from institution or prison ID;
- Pilot’s license;
- Concealed Weapons License.
For more information call 386-362-2816.