Live Oak —
The FHP has released the names of the individuals involved in a Thursday morning traffic crash at the intersection of US 90 west and 153rd Road in Suwannee County.
According to reports from the FHP, the three vehicle accident sent two drivers to Shands Live Oak Regional Medical Center with minor injuries.
Reports show that Mary Nims, 24, Live Oak, was stopped in the eastbound lane of US 90 in a 2010 Kia Rio, waiting for the westbound 2001 Chevrolet pickup and trailer driven by Gerardo Campos, 37, Live Oak, to pass so she could turn left onto 153rd Road.
FHP records show that Tavoris Slocum, 25, Lake City was also traveling east and failed to observe that Nims was stopped, colliding into the rear of her vehicle with his 2003 Chevrolet Impala. As a result of the impact, Nims’s vehicle was pushed into the trailer that was pulled by Campos.
Nims and Slocum were transported to Shands Live Oak Regional Medical Center with minor injuries and Campos was not injured. The FHP estimated damages to the vehicle of Nims at $15,000 and estimated damages to Slocum’s vehicle were $10,000.
Records show that Slocum was charged with careless driving and driving while license suspended.
Live Oak —
- Local News
- HamCo EMS hires new ass’t director
- Mayo Christmas parade postponed
- The stakes are set for new fire department in White Springs
- Suwannee Democrat Obituaries- Dec. 13, 2013
- Jewett St. back to normal in White Springs
- HamCo school district recognized by SACS
- Suwannee Democrat
- Santa photos, Christmas on the Square, others, now online!
- Morning Update for Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013
- Family firearm safety event with Congressman Ted Yoho is Saturday
- Suwannee County Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 17, 2013
- Resource fair is Dec 20 at PCS Conference Center-Event to serve recently laid off PotashCorp workers
- November was wetter than normal in Suwannee River Valley, according to water management
- Jasper News
- Mayo Free Press
- Arrest Record
- AP Video