Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR JANUARY 7, 2014, 6:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
· The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
· Affirmative action on any item includes authorization of Chairman’s, or designee’s, signature on all documentation.
· Speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak on items listed within this agenda following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium. Comments must be limited to items listed on the agenda and speakers may only make one (1) trip to the podium regarding each item they wish to speak on.
· For general updates or questions regarding County business contact County Administration during regular business hours at (386) 364-3400.
1. Approved payment of processed invoices.
2. Reappointment of Wayne Peterson (District 2 member) and Tom Maynard (District 4 member) to serve another term on the Suwannee County Volunteer Fire Governing Board.
3. Appointment of David Alford to serve as the Alternate Member on the Suwannee County Volunteer Fire Governing Board.
4. Authorization to piggyback on 2013 purchases to include replacement of three (3) Motorgraders and exercise the Buyback agreement of 2009 purchase.
5. Approval of Facility Use Agreement with the Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc. for use of Branford Health Department Building.
6. Approval of Release of Lien for Gordon McClain, SHIP Client, pending preparation of documentation by SREC, Inc.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS ITEMS:
7. Acknowledgement of the service to Suwannee County and the retirement of Mike Tyson, Deputy Clerk. (Barry A. Baker, Clerk of the Circuit Court)
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
8. Discuss, with possible Board action, using Dennis Cason as an Economic Development consultant until the new director is hired. (Commissioner Wesley Wainwright)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
9. Discussion and approval of County purchase of the following properties associated with the Perimeter Road project, together with statutory fees and costs:
a. Parcel 17 Wells $1,900
b. Parcel 19 Allen $6,500
10. The Chairman calls for additional items. (Any items the Board agrees to consider will be heard under Agenda Item No. 14, Additional Agenda Items.)
11. Approve minutes of meeting held on December 17, 2013.
12. Discuss, with possible Board action, Economic Development Director position. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
13. Discuss, with possible Board action, scheduling a Joint Workshop between the County Commission and the Live Oak City Council on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6:30 p.m., location to be determined. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
14. Additional Agenda Items.
15. Public Concerns and Comments. (Filling out of Comment Card required, and forward to Chairman or County Administrator. Speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium – one (1) trip to podium.)
16. Board Members Inquiries, Requests and Comments.