Live Oak — For 27 years the Suwannee Valley Humane Society has been entertaining dog and cat lovers with their annual pet show and this year was no different. A generous crowd turned out at the Colosseum Saturday morning, Oct. 20, to watch the parade of cats and dogs being shown off by their proud and loving owners. There were contests for cutest kitten or puppy, longest and shortest tails, ears and hair, best costume and even ugliest dog, among many others. For more information or to learn how to adopt a new pet, call the Suwannee Valley Humane Society at 866-236-7812.
- Record turnout for Rural Folklife Days
- HCHS gets into positive behavior
- Large turnout for Veterans Day in Jasper
- A proud salute to veterans in White Springs
- Restoration project underway for Middle Suwannee and springs
- Hornet fever hits the streets of Mayo
- Sen. Montford speaks at HamCo chamber dinner
- Record turnout for Chamber dinner in Jasper
10/15/13 UPDATE: Four commissioners denounce medical waste incinerators for Suwannee
Commissioner Jason Bashaw just spoke publicly to join commissioners Fleming, Oxendine and Gamble to keep medical waste incinerators out of Suwannee County.
Chairman Wesley Wainwright undecided.
- Thousands turn out for Pioneer Day in Mayo
- More VIDEO Headlines