- Suwannee Democrat
- Homeowners Association: Relocate Sabal Trail gas line
- Live Oak woman arrested for stabbing husband
Replacement for FCAT chosen
New assessment tool will assess student progress on new Florida Standards
Suwannee County Superintendent of Schools Jerry Scarborough said there is “too much over emphasis on standardized testing and the new standards recently adopted by the State Board of Education.”
- Qualified city of Live Oak candidates for election as of Thursday morning
Another possible river contamination alert issued due to wastewater overflow from Georgia
The city of Valdosta is replacing the gravity-fed sewage lines with a $32 million force-main project and has plans to move the Withlacoochee Wastewater Treatment Plant upstream to higher ground beginning in late 2014.
Fire claims Live Oak home Wednesday morning
Two checked for excessive smoke inhalation.
- Idle-speed, no-wake zone activated on stretch of Santa Fe River
Live Oak police chief ordinance remains unsigned
Live Oak Mayor Sonny Nobles said he will make a decision by Friday on whether he signs Ordinance 1353 that could place the police chief position on a ballot to allow voters to decide if the position should be elected.
Morning Update for Wednesday, March 19, 2014
- Minor flooding forecast at Three Rivers Estates
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines