- Suwannee Democrat
Suwannee County Airport turns 50
• In 2013, Suwannee County Airport had approximately 5,000 takeoffs and landings from light sport aircraft to citation jets.
• Approximately 30 percent of the airport’s annual operations are related to flight training, and corporate and business users account for about 25 percent of the annual operations.
Suwannee County sets tentative millage rate for 2014-15
Proposed budget announced
It’s hurricane season again
Everyone needs to keep themselves healthy by eating right, exercising, keeping their immunizations current, and having routine periodic physicals. Everyone also needs to have a family disaster plan. One of the easiest is an online version at www.floridadisaster.org . You can create your plan, save it online, and go back and update it as things change.
Morning Update, Monday, July 7
Good morning. Here's a look at what's happening today.
- McAlpin man in critical condition after Friday crash in Suwannee
- On tap for today: Reminder, celebrate America’s independence locally
Easter shooter nabbed
Charged with attempted murder
Two still at large
- Rant & Rave for July 4, 2014
Farm families recognized for environmental stewardship
Progressive farmers in the District who have voluntarily demonstrated exceptional environmental stewardship were awarded the County Alliance for Responsible Environmental Stewardship (CARES) award on June 26.
Tropical Storm Arthur on track to pass east of the local coastline tonight
Dangerous heat indices are expected today and Thursday inland with values near 105 expected during the afternoon across southeast Georgia and northern portions of the Suwanee River Valley.
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines
- Suwannee County Airport turns 50