Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR MARCH 5, 2013, 9:00 A.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Lunch Break – Approximately 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.
1. Approve payment of processed invoices.
2. Appointment of William Slaughter, II to serve on the Board of Directors of Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
3. Permission to submit application for an E911 Rural County Grant Program grant in the amount of $45,347.02 for the Yearly Maintenance of the 911 System, Database, Mapping Display and May Generation Support for 911 Addressing.
4. Award bid for Re-Assembly of Dragline to Perks Dragline Service, Inc. in the amount of $95,000. (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-24)
5. Approval of revised T-Hangar and Corporate Hangar Lease Agreements for the Suwannee County Airport so that staff can renew the current rental/lease agreements.
6. Approval to advertise for Disaster Training Workshop for April 10, 2013 beginning at 10:00 a.m. at the Emergency Operations Center.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS ITEMS:
7. Discuss, with possible Board action, address budget issues. (Barry A. Baker, Clerk of Circuit Court)
8. a) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
b) Randy Harris, County Administrator
c) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
d) Greg Scott, Parks and Recreation Director
e) James Sommers, Public Safety Director
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
9. At 10:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open request for qualifications, for Attorney for Suwannee County Board of County Commissioners, and set date, time and location to hold interviews for same. (RFQ No. 2013-03) (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
10. At 10:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for Reconstruction of 216th Street (Market Road). (Bid Solicitation No. 2013-04) (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
11. At 10:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for Commercial Dishwasher for Suwannee County Jail. (Bid Solicitation No. 2013-05) (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
12. At 10:00 a.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold second public hearing, to consider adoption of an ordinance amending Section 4.19.30 entitled Special Right of Way Requirements to require all future arterial and collector roads to be constructed on section or quarter section lines, unless otherwise approved by the Board of County Commissioners and by amending portions of section 14, entitled Permitting and Concurrency Management to conform with Sanitary Sewer, Solid Waste, Drainage, Potable Water and Natural Groundwater Aquifer Recharge Element, the Recreation and Open Space Element, the Capital Improvement Element and the Public School Facilities Element of the Comprehensive Plan. (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
13. Discuss, with possible Board action, lease vs. purchase of two (2) Dump Trucks for Public Works Department.
14. Discuss, with possible Board action, lease vs. purchase of Semi Truck Tractor for Public Works Department. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
15. Discuss, with possible Board action, county economic development. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
16. Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
17. Additional Agenda Items.
18. Board Members Inquiries, Requests and Comments.
Petition to Resurface 180th Street from Hwy 129 to Hwy 49 in McAlpin.
Selection of two (2) candidate projects each for the following FDOT grant programs for Fiscal Year 2016/2017:
a. County Incentive Grant Program (CIGP)
b. Small County Outreach Program (SCOP)
c. Small County Road Assistance Program (SCRAP)
Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
- Suwannee Democrat
- Ortiz sentenced to life in prison
Lighting of Live Oak Christmas tree, tonight
The city of Live Oak will kick off the Christmas season with the lighting of the city Christmas tree on Thursday, Dec. 5 beginning at 6 p.m. at Millennium Park in downtown Live Oak. The tree lighting will take place at 6:15 p.m. with a visit from Santa at 6:30 p.m. Santa will arrive in grand style on a Live Oak Fire Department fire truck. Music, cookies and hot chocolate will be provided.
Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park announces 2014 Suwannee River Jam country artists
Special ticket price per person for all 4 days of the Jam is only $75, but hurry, offer ends at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.
- Suwannee Democrat, Mayo Free Press and Jasper News to give away 8-foot Christmas stocking
Live Oak Lights the Christmas Tree tomorrow
What: Music, Christmas Tree Lighting…and Santa Comes to Live Oak!
When: Thursday, Dec. 5 starting at 5:30 p.m.
Where: Millennium Park
Who: Open to the public, everyone should come!
Christmas on the Square” will begin a day early
Friday Night starts something new. “The 29th Annual Christmas on the Square” will begin a day early. Get started with the Jingle Bell Fun Run/ Walk. It is a 1.9 mile route around the downtown area and ends where it starts, at the Train Depot. Additionally, there is a FREE” Street Block Party”, bring a chair and enjoy music.
- Spread holiday cheer with manatee, sea turtle decals
- FDOT schedules public meetings on 5-year transportation plan
Morning Update for Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013
Good morning. Dense fog forecast for this morning. Please use caution when on the roads.
Suwannee Lights returns to SOS Music Park
Drive through more than 5 million lights
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines