Live Oak —
Brian Estevez, 4-H/Youth Development Agent
The Suwannee County Fair is April 4-12, 2014, but 4-H and FFA students need to be aware NOW of important dates so you can be prepared for the fair. The Suwannee Valley Youth Livestock Show and Sale (SVYLSS) will be April 7-10, 2014, during the week of the fair. Below you will find important dates so you can be prepared for the SVYLSS.
- Steer Weigh-in is Saturday, December 14, 2013. Tagging will be done that morning starting at 8am at the Suwannee County Fairgrounds. All trailers must be in line by 10am to be tagged and weighed. All feeder and market steers must be tagged and weighed on this date. Steer entry forms are also due on this date and can be filled out on-site.
- Mandatory hog tagging is Saturday January 11, 2014. Tagging will be done that morning starting at 8am at the Suwannee County Fairgrounds. All trailers must be in line by 10am to be tagged. All hogs must be tagged on this date. Hog entry forms are also due on this date and can be filled out on-site.
- Exhibitors are responsible for complying with all dates.
- Record Books for Hogs and Steers are due on Monday March 31, 2014 by 5pm.
- Hog Weigh-in is Monday April 7, 2014 from 8-10am (Must be in line by 10 am). ***Note-Hogs must weigh between 230-290 lbs. at official weigh-in. See rules for details.***
- Steer Weigh-in is Monday April 7, 2014 from 2-4pm (Must be in line by 4pm).
- Hog Showmanship is Monday April 7, 2014 at 6pm.
- Hog Show is Tuesday April 8, 2014 at 6pm.
- Steer Show is Wednesday April 9, 2014 at 6pm.
- Awards and Sale are April 10, 2014. Awards will start at 8:30am and the Sale will start at 9am.
Please respect these dates to ensure that the show and sale will run smoothly during the Suwannee County Fair. SVYLSS board members thank you in advance for a great show and sale next April. For more information and /or a copy of the rules about the Suwannee Valley Youth Livestock Show and Sale please contact one of the Suwannee Valley Extension Offices: Hamilton-386-792-1276, Lafayette-386-294-1279, or Suwannee-386-362-2771.
UF/IFAS Extension in Suwannee, Lafayette, and Hamilton Counties is an Equal Opportunity Institution.