Mayo — Congratulations to the Melody Christian Academy Wildcats boys baseball team on their District 5-1A championship. The Wildcats claimed the title with a 12-1 victory over the Lafayette Hornets on Thursday, April 26 in Mayo. Both the Wildcats and Hornets will advance to regional playoff action that begins on May 8.
- Suwannee Democrat
- Live Oak man dies in early morning crash in Lafayette County
- Christmas on the Square draws thousands to Live Oak
- Sparky’s Kids-Geared up and anticipating more than year before
- SVEC adds new substation near catalyst site
- Cans & Covers charity event benefits United Way of Suwannee Valley
- Suwannee Valley Transit Authority moving forward-Turning around a multi-county agency
- The Democrat Says...
Christmas on the Square festivities begin tonight
The exciting weekend will kickoff Friday night at 6:30 p.m. with the Jingle Bell Fun Run/Walk. Pre-registration at 6:15 p.m. at the Train Depot. Individuals can pre-register early by visiting Dairy Queen, Poole Realty, Chamber of Commerce and Suwannee Parks and Recreation and filling out a registration form. A Street Block Party will be held at 7 p.m. at the Train Depot featuring one of North Florida’s most popular bands, “Justin Case Band.” During a music break around 8 p.m., guests will enjoy a fireworks show in the parking lot between Stoudemire’s Restaurant and Huffman-Gilmore. Concessions will be available at the events.
- $3 million scratch-off ticket sold here
- Ortiz sentenced to life in prison
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines