Live Oak —
Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71.
Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
For more weather visit: http://weather.cnhionline.com/fw.php?usr=suwanneedemocrat
US 129 Daytime lane closures scheduled between Live Oak and the Hal Adams Bridge in Luraville have been postponed until the week of November 26.
Interstate 75 Daytime lane closures Monday for northbound traffic and Tuesday for southbound traffic between State Road 6 (Exit 460) and the Georgia line for resurfacing. The speed limit is reduced to 60 mph during lane closures.
US 41 Daytime lane closures after 8:30 a.m. between the Columbia County line (Suwannee River Bridge) and White Springs for drainage work and from US 129 just south of Jasper to resurface.
US 129 Daytime lane closures between the western city limits of Jasper and the Georgia line after 8:30 a.m. for resurfacing.
County Road 354 Possible daytime lane closures between US 27 and State Road 51 (Hal Adams Bridge) for construction of a new bike trail on the north and east side of the road.
State Road 51 Possible daytime lane closures between County Road 354 and the Hal Adams Bridge for construction of a new bike trail on the east side of the road.
US 41 Daytime lane closures from Interstate 10 to Winfield area Monday from 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to clean out the ditches.
Best bets for today:
- Cub Scout Pack 408
Meets on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 at the American Legion Post 107, 10726 142nd St., Live Oak. This is approximately 5.5 miles south of town and 1.5 east of Hwy. 129. Membership is open to boys ages 6-10. Join us for camping, archery, BB shooting, and many other fun activities. Parents encouraged to participate.
- Flu vaccine available at the Health Department
Seasonal influenza vaccine is now available at the Suwannee County Health Department. Vaccine is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. The charge is $15 for adults and is free of charge for persons age 6 months through 18 years.
For more information call the Suwannee County Health Department at 386-362-2708.
The Suwannee County Health Department is located at 915 Nobles Ferry Road in Live Oak.
- Free English classes
Sept. 10 - Dec. 13, 2012 There are four levels of classes from the most basic to the most advanced. You will learn pronunciation, conversation, reading and writing in English. All are welcome. The hours: Monday and Thursday 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. We are located in the Episcopal Church, St. Luke’s, in front of the Suwannee Coliseum, 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. For more information call the teacher, Phyllis, at 386-249-0096.
Clases de Ingles
Sept. 10 - Dic. 13, 2012 Gratis Hay cuatro niveles de clases de los mas basicos hasta los mas advansados. Aprenden la pronunciación, conversación, lectura y escribir en Ingles. Todos tienen la bienvenida. El horario: Lunes y Jueves, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Estamos en frente del coliseo. 1391 SW 11th Street, Live Oak. Para mas información llame a la maestra Felicia 386-249-0096.
- Haven Hospice Compassionate Friends, a national bereavement organization that helps families who have lost a child, is hosting a support group at Haven Hospice. The group will meet the third Monday of every month from 7-9 p.m. at the Suwannee Valley Hospice Care Center at 6037 US Highway 90 West. For more information, please call 386-697-0286 or email email@example.com
Live Oak —
- Suwannee Democrat
Morning Update for Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013
- Winners announced: 2013 Suwannee County Chamber of Commerce lighted Christmas parade
- City of Live Oak regular meeting agenda for Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013
SHS Donor Brick Program in full swing
Memorialize you or your loved ones with a brick at Langford Stadium today.
- Altrusa Tour of Homes 2013 is Saturday
Morning Update for Monday, Dec. 9, 2013
- Live Oak man dies in early morning crash in Lafayette County
- Christmas on the Square draws thousands to Live Oak
- Sparky’s Kids-Geared up and anticipating more than year before
- SVEC adds new substation near catalyst site
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines
- Morning Update for Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013