Live Oak — Do you have interesting photos of ice in your yard? Some folks left their sprinklers on last night to make ice creations. Share your photos with us and other readers at facebook.com/suwanneedemocrat and Twitter @suwanneedemocra (no 'T'). You can also send an email to email@example.com.
- Suwannee Democrat
- Update: 2 adults shot at Easter egg hunt
Florida Department of Health advises of possible wastewater contamination
~Wastewater overflow from Valdosta, Ga. may impact Withlacoochee & Suwannee Rivers~
Places to worship Sunday
Easter is Sunday and though many churches are holding special services, some are doing even more.
Here is a list of some of the churches in our area are doing.
- Weather update. Sandbags available at Live Oak Fire Department.
- Extension Update: Spring clean your pantry
- Guest column: A letter to John Peconom, project manager, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, from State Representative Elizabeth Porter
- Guest column: Council-manager form of government needed
- Tax abatement goes on Nov. ballot for Suwannee voters
- Malpractice suit against Decker dropped
Update: Area rivers continue to rise
The NWS issued flood warnings for White Springs and Suwannee Springs, with moderate flooding expected at White Springs from the additional rain today. The FWC activated the no-wake restrictions on Zone 2 between the Hal Adams bridge and Little River Springs. All 5 zones are under enforcement as of today, encompassing the 110-mile stretch on the Suwannee between U.S. 90 and Fowler's Bluff, and the lower Santa Fe.
- More Suwannee Democrat Headlines