Valentine’s Day will be here soon, and a romantic getaway may be just what the heart needs. TripAdvisor has released its list of the 10 most romantic hotels in the country, based on travelers’ reviews about the beautiful scenery, friendly staffs and romantic amenities like hot tubs and fireplaces.
1. Koa Kea Hotel & Resort, Hawaii
2. Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, Lincoln City, Ore.
3. Inn of the Dove, Bensalem, Pa.
4. Spindrift Inn, Monterey, Calif.
5. St. Regis Princeville Resort, Princeville, Hawaii
6. Ocean Lodge, Saint Simons Island, Ga.
7. Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Little Torch Key, Fla.
8. Queen of Hearts Resort, Palm Springs, Calif.
9. Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, Forestville, Calif.
10. Castle Hill Inn, Newport, R.I.
Don't judge mothers with messy homes
I was building shelves in my garage when a neighbor girl, one of my 4-year-old daughter's friends, approached me and said, "I just saw in your house. It's pretty dirty. Norah's mommy needs to clean more."
Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
On the other hand, with a net favorability of -8, Jar Jar is considerably more popular than the U.S. Congress, which currently enjoys a net favorability rating of -65.
We're raising a generation of timid kids
A week ago, a woman was charged with leaving her child in the car while she went into a store. Her 11-year-old child. This week, a woman was arrested for allowing her 9-year-old daughter to go to the park alone. Which raises just one question: America, what the heck is wrong with you?
25 hidden secrets in "Weird Al's" "Word Crimes" video
Yankovic's 14th album was released this week, and it warms my heart containers that he's kept up his geeky brand of humor for so long. While he has written so many incredible songs, none have spoken to my love of proper grammar.
Until "Word Crimes."
- Extension Update: Stay hydrated this summer
- Fishing for success: Jason Hunter turns attention to pro angling
- Live Oak native retires as commander of the Florida Army National Guard
This is what happened when I drove my Mercedes to pick up food stamps
I climbed the ladder quickly, free to work any hours in any location for any pay. I moved from market to market, always achieving a better title, a better salary. Succeeding.
There's less good music now — here's why
Taylor Swift, the seven-time Grammy winner, is known for her articulate lyrics, so there was nothing surprising about her writing a long column for The Wall Street Journal about the future of the music industry. Yet there's reason to doubt the optimism of what she had to say.
Can plants hear? Study finds that vibrations prompt some to boost their defenses
They have no specialized structure to perceive sound as we do, but a new study has found that plants can discern the sound of predators through tiny vibrations of their leaves - and beef up their defenses in response.
- More Features Headlines
- Don't judge mothers with messy homes