Live Oak — Tuesday, June 5 marked an historic day for Suwannee County and each of its residents. We had a seated Florida governor visit our beautifully restored passenger train depot, greet and shake hands with each person that he could. Regardless of your politics, it is quite rare and truly something to be thankful for when the leader of the state of Florida visits our little nook to answer our questions. Some may say it was a stump visit. Maybe it was. But at least Gov. Rick Scott took one hour of his time to shake the hands of local constituents, business and community leaders and chat with them about anything from water issues, and jobs to how long he’s been married. It is 40 years, just in case you were wondering. Let’s hope that Scott takes back our questions, concerns and comments and at least try to do the best he and his staff can do to address them. Thanks for the visit, governor.
- The Democrat Says...
- Guest commentary - Open letter to the Suwannee County Board of County Commissioners
The Democrat Says: On target
A look at how we fare so far on our editorial objectives.
- Letter to the editor - Ricky Gamble
- Guest commentary - A call for intelligent planning
- Letter to the editor - Janet Politano
- Letter to the editor - John H. Bell
- Letter to the editor - George Reynolds
- Guest commentary - Thoughts on catalyst site
- Letter to the editor: Tom Burnett
- More Opinion Headlines