Today A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 90. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tonight A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm, then a slight chance of showers between 9pm and midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Interstate 10 Daytime lane closures westbound near mile marker 288 approximately five miles east of US 129 (Exit 283) Tuesday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to investigate a depression in the roadway.
Interstate 75 Nighttime lane closures between US 129 and the Suwannee County line (Suwannee River bridges) Monday through Thursday starting at 9 p.m. for crews to install traffic sensors in the asphalt and to reseal bridge joints at the Suwannee River bridges and at the US 129 interchange. Also, daytime lane closures Monday and Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. to place the final layer of asphalt on the US 129 entrance and exit ramps. The speed limit is reduced to 60 mph during lane closures.
US 129 Daytime lane closures between the western city limits of Jasper and the Georgia line after 8:30 a.m. for drainage, driveway and side street improvements in preparation for resurfacing.
County Road 354 Possible daytime lane closures between US 27 and State Road 51 (Hal Adams Bridge) for construction of a new bike trail on the north and east side of the road.
State Road 51 Possible daytime lane closures between County Road 354 and the Hal Adams Bridge for construction of a new bike trail on the east side of the road.
Interstate 75 Daytime lane closures northbound from the Alachua County line (Santa Fe River bridge) to one and a half miles north Monday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for roadway testing.
South Main Boulevard (US 41) Possible daytime lane closures southbound near Southwest Crescent Street for construction of a new Family Dollar Store.
State Road 47 Possible daytime lane closures for northbound traffic at the new Clay Electric site south of Lake City and trucks entering and leaving daily.
State Road 136 Daytime lane closures just west of US 41 at the Suwannee River Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for routine bridge maintenance.
Best bets for today:
* Flu vaccine available at the Health Department. Seasonal influenza vaccine is now available at the Suwannee County Health Department. Vaccine is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. The charge is $15 for adults and is free of charge for persons age 6 months through 18 years. For more information call the Suwannee County Health Department at 386-362-2708. The Suwannee County Health Department is located at 915 Nobles Ferry Road in Live Oak.
* Recovery By The Numbers group of Narcotics Anonymous Meets Wed and Friday at 7:30 p.m. at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 1391 11th St. S.W. Live Oak 386-249-3505 or Help Line # 866-352-5323, http://uncoastna.org Recovery by the numbers is not affiliated with St. Lukes.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 8 p.m. The meetings are at Nobles Ferry Road next to Meridian Behavioral Health Center. For more information, please call 386-362-4221 or 386-688-3133.
* The Arc North Florida Adults with Disabilities Program. Open to Branford and surrounding adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities. We meet every Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the health department building in Branford, Fla. For more information please contact the AWD supervisor Lisa Perry at 386-208-1404
* First Baptist Church of Dowling Park. Free Meals for Seniors. We are a meal site for the Suwannee River Economic Council. Free meals are served for seniors over the age of 60 in the church fellowship hall Monday through Friday from 12 noon to 1 p.m. For more information or to sign up, please contact us at 386-658-2360.