Live Oak — Schools in Suwannee, Hamilton and Lafayette counties are scheduled to be open tomorrow. The question has been asked if schools will be open due to the frigid temperatures that are expected. Each school district office has informed us they are planning to be open. If anything changes, we will let you know. UPDATE: Columbia County announced that its district will be closed to all students and employees on Tuesday. Classes will resume Wednesday.
- Mayo Free Press
- Mayo Woman’s Club and FFA honor Arbor Day & Earth Day at LES
Showing hogs takes Hart
“Most kids, by the age of eight, get really attached to the hog and they really care about it, and then they find out it gets made into sausage...but they get over it.” Dustin Hart
- River flooding update
- FWC activates idle-speed, no-wake restrictions on Suwannee River’s Zone 1
Judge Decker answers formal charges
Third Judicial Circuit Judge Andrew J. Decker III’s attorneys filed an answer to formal charges filed against him in February by the Florida Judicial Qualifications Commission (JQC).
The JQC filed seven formal charges against Decker for several alleged violations of judicial canon and misconduct prior to being elected judge in November 2012.
Suwannee River Paddle for Autism is April 26
Come paddle for a cause
- Congressman Yoho to hold town hall meeting Monday in Lake City
- Water Conservation Month: Week two – ways to save residential water outdoors
River deaths ruled a drowning
NY couple’s boat still not found
Department of Health warns of health risks after a flood
- Practice basic hygiene: Always wash hands with soap and water
- Do not allow children to play in floodwaters
- Practice mosquito prevention with “Drain and Cover”
- More Mayo Free Press Headlines