Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR FEBRUARY 19, 2013, 4:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Dinner Break –
1. Approve payment of processed invoices.
2. Award bid for Suwannee County Airport Hangar Door Repair to Gamble & Associate Construction, Inc. (Request for Proposal No. 2013-01) (Proposals were opened during February 5, 2013 Board meeting.)
3. Approval of Reimbursement Agreement (Supplemental Agreement #1) with the Florida Department of Transportation, to add funds in the amount of $937,706.00, for the Design and Construction of Turn Lanes on SR 10/US 90 from 173rd Road to West of I-10, and adoption of enabling resolution. (Financial Project ID: 431114-1-58-01)
4. Approval to purchase two (2) Dump Trucks, off Florida Sheriff’s Contract, in the amount of $247,954.00, for Public Works Department.
5. Authorization to advertise for bids for replacement of Transfer Station Loader for Public Works Department.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS ITEMS:
6. a) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
b) Randy Harris, County Administrator
c) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
d) Greg Scott, Parks and Recreation Director
e) James Sommers, Public Safety Director
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
7. At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for Re-Assembly of Dragline. (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-24) (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
8. At 5:15 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to approve final year end budget amendments to the following funds for fiscal year 2011-2012:
a) General Fund
b) Fire Protection Fund
c) County Awards Grant
d) Tourist Development Fund
e) Emergency Management Fund
f) Road & Bridge Fund
g) Road & Bridge Construction/Paving Fund
h) Recreation Fund
9. At 5:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold first of two public hearings, to consider an amendment to the text of the Land Development Regulations by amending Section 4.19.30 entitled Special Right of Way Requirements to require all future arterial and collector roads to be constructed on section or quarter section lines, unless otherwise approved by the Board of County Commissioners and by amending portions of section 14, entitled Permitting and Concurrency Management to conform with Sanitary Sewer, Solid Waste, Drainage, Potable Water and Natural Groundwater Aquifer Recharge Element, the Recreation and Open Space Element, the Capital Improvement Element and the Public School Facilities Element of the Comprehensive Plan. (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
10. Discuss, with possible Board action, extension of contract, until May 31, 2013, for legal services by County Attorney. (Hal A. Airth, County Attorney)
11. Approve minutes of meeting held on February 5, 2013.
12. Set date, time and location to hold a joint workshop with the City of Live Oak regarding joint projects between the City and the County. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
13. Discuss, with possible Board action, if necessary, additional earthwork at Catalyst Site. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
14. Discuss, with possible Board action, equipment budget for Public Works and Solid Waste Departments. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
15. Discuss, with possible Board action, Semi Truck Tractor for Public Works Department. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
16. For action, has the Board of County Commissioners turned all personnel issues over to the County Administrator, including amendments of job descriptions/classifications, as needed? (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
17. Discuss, with possible Board action, adoption of amended Personnel Rules & Regulations with or without changes. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
18. Additional Agenda Items.
19. Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
20. Board Members’ Inquiries, Requests and Comments.