Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
LIVE OAK CITY HALL
101 SOUTHEAST WHITE AVENUE
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR FEBRUARY 21, 2012, 4:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
Dinner Break – Approximately 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
1. Approve payment of invoices.
2. Approve payment of Invoice No. 4972972 in the amount of $3,860.20 to URS Corporation for engineering services for the Runway Lights, Airfield Signage and Marking Improvements project at Suwannee County Airport. (FAA grant)
3. Approve payment of Invoice No. 7 in the amount $62,107.00 to McInnis Services, LLC, Escrow Account #6843164 for work performed on the Judicial Annex Building.
4. Approve payment of Invoice No. 3 in the amount of $77,121.90 to Shine & Company, Inc. for work performed on Coliseum upgrade project.
5. Approval of Change Order No. 2 for Shine & Company, Inc. for an increase in the amount of $2,337.73 to delete wire called for on plans and replace with larger wire that is required, and delete two (2) 60 amp disconnects, and provide two (2) 100 amp panels with breakers for the Coliseum upgrade.
6. Approval of Contract Renewal with Johnson Controls, in the lump sum amount of $10,738.70, for maintenance of chillers located at the Suwannee County Jail.
7. Approval to advertise for Request for Proposals (RFP) for the sale of used tires for Public Works Department.
8. Approval to advertise for bids for Waste Tire Disposal for Public Works Department.
9. Approval to advertise for bids for Hazardous Waste Disposal for Public Works Department.
10. Approval to advertise for bids for purchase of motorgrader for Public Works Department.
11. Approval to submit application in the amount of $51,681.80 for E911 Rural County Grant Program for annual maintenance for E911 System.
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
12. At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, open bids, for Electrical Upgrade at the Suwannee County Courthouse. (Bid Solicitation No. 2012-01)
13. At 4:00 P.M., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, consider adoption of resolution pursuant to F.S. 106.07(2)(a) requiring candidates running for elective office within the County to be required to file campaign finance reports electronically with the County’s Supervisor of Elections Office. (Glenda Williams, Supervisor of Elections)
14. At 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, presentation regarding Transit Authority. (Gwen Pra, Director – Suwannee Valley Transit Authority)
15. At 5:15 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to approve final year end budget amendments to the following funds for fiscal year 2010-2011: (Barry A. Baker, Clerk of Circuit Court)
a) Emergency Management Fund
b) EMS County Awards Grant
c) Tourist Development
d) Road & Bridge Fund
e) Road & Bridge Construction & Paving
16. At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to consider approval of Special Permit No. SP12-02-01, by Suwannee Valley Electric, to place an electrical substation on property zoned Agriculture-1. (Ronald Meeks, Planning and Zoning Director)
17. At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to consider adoption of an ordinance relating to boating restricted areas. (Hal A. Airth, County Attorney)
18. At 7:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing, to consider adoption of ordinance amending the organizational structure of the county government by providing for the appointment and qualifications of the county administrator. (Hal A. Airth, County Attorney)
19. Approve minutes of regular meeting held on February 7, 2012, and of emergency meeting held on February 14, 2012.
20. Staff Reports.
a) Hal A. Airth, County Attorney
b) Katherine Allen, Extension Office Director
c) Charlie Conner, Public Safety Director
d) Randy Harris, Public Works Director
e) Betty Lawrence, Director of Libraries
f) Greg Scott, Parks & Recreation Director
The Chairman calls for additional items. (Any items the Board agrees to consider will be heard under Agenda Item No. 26, Additional Agenda Items.)
22. Discuss, with possible Board action, Volunteer Stipend Plan for Volunteer Fire Departments. (Commissioner Phil Oxendine)
23. Discuss, with possible Board action, adoption of resolution amending Section 11, Purchase Orders, of the Purchasing Policy. (Chairman Wesley Wainwright)
24. Discuss, with possible Board action, consider recommendation of 2007 Payroll Committee regarding payscale, and/or possible minimum wage level changes. (Chairman Wesley Wainwright)
25. Public Concerns and Comments. (Come forward to podium – limit comments to five minutes.)
26. Additional Agenda Items.
27. Board Members’ Inquiries, Requests and Comments.
Live Oak —
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
- Local News
- River flooding update
Suwannee Democrat Obituaries- April 16, 2014
Brenda Faye Perkins, Mary Lois Smith Horton, Robert S. Bell
- The Democrat Says: City needs manager form of government
- FWC activates idle-speed, no-wake restrictions on Suwannee River’s Zone 1
Judge Decker answers formal charges
Third Judicial Circuit Judge Andrew J. Decker III’s attorneys filed an answer to formal charges filed against him in February by the Florida Judicial Qualifications Commission (JQC).
The JQC filed seven formal charges against Decker for several alleged violations of judicial canon and misconduct prior to being elected judge in November 2012.
Suwannee River Paddle for Autism is April 26
Come paddle for a cause
Free developmental screenings for Suwannee County children ages six months to four and a half years
Today at First Baptist Church in Live Oak.
- Hamilton school board votes 4-1 for elementary school consolidation (+ Video)
- Congressman Yoho to hold town hall meeting Monday in Lake City
Update: Suspect in April 5 Live Oak shooting arrested
Turns self in to Suwannee County Jail
- More Local News Headlines