Live Oak — District 11 Florida House Representative Elizabeth Porter (R-Lake City) was the guest speaker at this week’s Rotary Club of Live Oak meeting. Her district assistant Rob Summerall and legislative assistant Koby Davis accompanied Porter. Rep. Porter gave a brief overview of the 2011 legislative session and her part in it. For more information on Porter go to http://www.myfloridahouse.gov and click the Representatives link. Left to right Koby Davis, Rob Summerall, Rotary Assistant Governor Area 7 Connie Rollberg and Rotary Club of Live Oak President Buddy Williams.
- Local News
Florida Department of Health advises of possible wastewater contamination
~Wastewater overflow from Valdosta, Ga. may impact Withlacoochee & Suwannee Rivers~
Places to worship Sunday
Easter is Sunday and though many churches are holding special services, some are doing even more.
Here is a list of some of the churches in our area are doing.
- Weather update. Sandbags available at Live Oak Fire Department.
- Extension Update: Spring clean your pantry
- Guest column: A letter to John Peconom, project manager, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, from State Representative Elizabeth Porter
- Guest column: Council-manager form of government needed
- Tax abatement goes on Nov. ballot for Suwannee voters
- Malpractice suit against Decker dropped
Update: Area rivers continue to rise
The NWS issued flood warnings for White Springs and Suwannee Springs, with moderate flooding expected at White Springs from the additional rain today. The FWC activated the no-wake restrictions on Zone 2 between the Hal Adams bridge and Little River Springs. All 5 zones are under enforcement as of today, encompassing the 110-mile stretch on the Suwannee between U.S. 90 and Fowler's Bluff, and the lower Santa Fe.
Auto parts store robbed in Live Oak Tuesday - Full story
4 suspects arrested
- More Local News Headlines
- Florida Department of Health advises of possible wastewater contamination