Live Oak — District 11 Florida House Representative Elizabeth Porter (R-Lake City) was the guest speaker at this week’s Rotary Club of Live Oak meeting. Her district assistant Rob Summerall and legislative assistant Koby Davis accompanied Porter. Rep. Porter gave a brief overview of the 2011 legislative session and her part in it. For more information on Porter go to http://www.myfloridahouse.gov and click the Representatives link. Left to right Koby Davis, Rob Summerall, Rotary Assistant Governor Area 7 Connie Rollberg and Rotary Club of Live Oak President Buddy Williams.
- Local News
- Cultural divide bridged: Local families host Chinese kids
SCFR Assist. Chief Eyer passes away
Robert Eyer served this community 28 years.
The viewing will be held today at Daniels Funeral Home, 1126 Ohio Ave. North, in Live Oak, from 6-8 p.m. Funeral services will be Thursday, July 31, at the Live Oak Church of God, located at 9829 US Hwy. 129, in Live Oak, at 10 a.m.
Sales tax-free holiday helps Florida families save money
Governor Scott signed legislation for break starting Friday, Aug. 1
The Great Suwannee River Cleanup is fast approaching
Cleaning up the Suwannee and its tributaries
- Structure fire leads to discovery of pot operation
- Great Suwannee River Race set for Sept. 13
- ‘School Tools for Cool Kids’ School Supply Drive at Publix
E-learning contract approved with Suwannee County Schools
Concerns raised over cost of new virtual learning programs at schools
- White Springs town manager officially sworn in
- Primary registration closes Monday
- More Local News Headlines