Live Oak — Hamilton County: A larger fire is burning north of CR 6 near NE 36th. Florida Forest Service is responding with tractors from Lake City, Live Oak, and Madison. One FFS fixed-wing aircraft and one United States Forest Service helicopter are conducting reconnaissance. Smoke may limit visibilty in some areas. FFS officials said the call came in to dispatch about the fire around 12:30 p.m. today. Motorists and others are asked to use caution around areas of dense smoke.
- Local News
- Live Oak man dies in early morning crash in Lafayette County
- Christmas on the Square draws thousands to Live Oak
- White Springs Christmas parade delights the crowd
- Sparky’s Kids-Geared up and anticipating more than year before
- SVEC adds new substation near catalyst site
- Suwannee Valley Transit Authority moving forward-Turning around a multi-county agency
- The Democrat Says...
- Rant & Rave - Dec. 6, 2013
Christmas on the Square festivities begin tonight
The exciting weekend will kickoff Friday night at 6:30 p.m. with the Jingle Bell Fun Run/Walk. Pre-registration at 6:15 p.m. at the Train Depot. Individuals can pre-register early by visiting Dairy Queen, Poole Realty, Chamber of Commerce and Suwannee Parks and Recreation and filling out a registration form. A Street Block Party will be held at 7 p.m. at the Train Depot featuring one of North Florida’s most popular bands, “Justin Case Band.” During a music break around 8 p.m., guests will enjoy a fireworks show in the parking lot between Stoudemire’s Restaurant and Huffman-Gilmore. Concessions will be available at the events.
- $3 million scratch-off ticket sold here
- More Local News Headlines