SLIDESHOW: Tornadoes, flooding damage homes across the country
As severe weather swept across the United States on Friday, two tornadoes caused damage to numerous homes and businesses in northern Alabama. Flooding damaged property across West Virginia.
- Local News
Smokin’ on the Suwannee tempts taste buds, crowns a champ
The Suwannee County Fairgrounds filled fast with barbecue pit masters, contestants, vendors and of course folks with huge appetites Friday and Saturday marking the sixth year for the Smokin’ on the Suwannee BBQ Festival. The festival was the place to be where it’s not only OK, but expected for folks to “pig out” and eat with your hands.
Suwannee River bounces back from prolonged drought
Thanks to above-average rainfall earlier this year and ongoing conservation efforts by the Department of Environmental Protection, springs on Florida’s historic Suwannee River are bouncing back from prolonged droughts that impacted flow from 2006-12.
- Water district launches Springs Dashboard
- Live Oak CRA vision meeting is Tuesday
- Special-called Live Oak Council meeting for July 29
- Meet the teacher dates - Suwannee County
- Increase in mosquito-borne disease activity reported in Lafayette County
- County sets budget hearing, workshop dates
Missing person found deceased
Pine straw worker found dead in field near job site
Said to have acted strange just days before, wandered off
- Rant & Rave for July 18, 2014
- More Local News Headlines
- Smokin’ on the Suwannee tempts taste buds, crowns a champ