- Jasper News
- Hamilton County, sharing and caring-Put a smile on a child’s face this Christmas
- New rural health clinic to open Jan. 7 in Jasper-Ribbon cutting ceremony is Jan. 6
Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park announces 2014 Suwannee River Jam country artists
Special ticket price per person for all 4 days of the Jam is only $75, but hurry, offer ends at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.
- Suwannee Democrat, Mayo Free Press and Jasper News to give away 8-foot Christmas stocking
- Josh Smith voted HamCo commission chair
- Spread holiday cheer with manatee, sea turtle decals
- FDOT schedules public meetings on 5-year transportation plan
Suwannee Lights returns to SOS Music Park
Drive through more than 5 million lights
PotashCorp White Springs announces operational and workforce changes
White Springs Agricultural Chemicals, Inc (PotashCorp White Springs) announced today that it will permanently close the Suwannee River chemical plant – one of two plants at the White Springs facility – during the second half of 2014. Initial closure activities will result in an immediate reduction of approximately 250 people. Final closure in 2014 will result in an additional reduction of approximately 100 people, a cumulative reduction of approximately 50 per cent from current levels.
According to Mike Williams, PotashCorp White Springs public affairs manager, the approximate 250 employees were notified Tuesday of their immediate job loss, however, those employees will be paid and receive benefits until February.
- Crime rate up slightly in HamCo
- More Jasper News Headlines