Live Oak — Hamilton County: A larger fire is burning north of CR 6 near NE 36th. Florida Forest Service is responding with tractors from Lake City, Live Oak, and Madison. One FFS fixed-wing aircraft and one United States Forest Service helicopter are conducting reconnaissance. Smoke may limit visibilty in some areas. FFS officials said the call came in to dispatch about the fire around 12:30 p.m. today. Motorists and others are asked to use caution around areas of dense smoke.
- Jasper News
- Festival of Lights sponsor’s reception draws a crowd
Santa photos, Christmas on the Square, others, now online!
Check out the Suwannee Democrat, Jasper News and Mayo Free Press online photo gallery. Purchase your favorite photos of kids with Santa Claus from the Live Oak Christmas tree lighting event; peruse photos of Christmas on the Square 2013; Live Oak Lights; Festival of Lights at Stephen Foster and many more. Click here to be taken to the photo gallery.
- Family firearm safety event with Congressman Ted Yoho is Saturday
- Resource fair is Dec 20 at PCS Conference Center-Event to serve recently laid off PotashCorp workers
- November was wetter than normal in Suwannee River Valley, according to water management
- Christmas on the Square draws thousands to Live Oak
- White Springs Christmas parade delights the crowd
- Cans & Covers charity event benefits United Way of Suwannee Valley
Christmas on the Square festivities begin tonight
The exciting weekend will kickoff Friday night at 6:30 p.m. with the Jingle Bell Fun Run/Walk. Pre-registration at 6:15 p.m. at the Train Depot. Individuals can pre-register early by visiting Dairy Queen, Poole Realty, Chamber of Commerce and Suwannee Parks and Recreation and filling out a registration form. A Street Block Party will be held at 7 p.m. at the Train Depot featuring one of North Florida’s most popular bands, “Justin Case Band.” During a music break around 8 p.m., guests will enjoy a fireworks show in the parking lot between Stoudemire’s Restaurant and Huffman-Gilmore. Concessions will be available at the events.
- White Springs Christmas parade is tomorrow at 6 p.m.
- More Jasper News Headlines